Welcome to Kyiv Zoo!
Ticket offices of the zoo will be open: Mon. from 12:00 to 16:00, Tue-Sun from 10:00 to 16:00.
Time of stay on the territory of the zoo – until 17:30.
The cost of entrance tickets – UAH 140 (for adults) and UAH 70 (discounted/children`s)
Kyiv Zoo was founded in 1907.
The zoo is an environmental, research and cultural educational institution.
During the year, the zoo’s specialists conduct interesting scientific and educational events, sightseeing and thematic excursions on a fairy-tale train, as well as actions during vacations.
International, state, municipal, national holidays and days dedicated to certain groups of animals – residents of the Kiev Zoo are celebrated.
On the basis of the Kyiv Zoo there is an active group of young people, in which children gain knowledge of biology, taxonomy, zoogeography of terrestrial and aquatic animals, get acquainted with the collection of animals Kyivzoo, which includes more than 400 species, care for them, study their behavior and development cycles. activities of Ukraine and the world.
Kyiv Zoological Park is a nature protection, research and cultural-educational institution that is an artificially created object of nature reserve fund of national importance.
The collection of animals of the Kyiv Zoo is formed taking into account the conservation status of species, research interests and educational value. Here you can see the largest land predators and herbivores on our planet: elephants, giraffes, hippos, lions, tigers, gorillas and others.
In 2017, the global reconstruction of the Kyiv Zoo began. It will take place in stages on separate sites, so the zoo will work for visitors as usual.
The main tasks of the Kiev Zoo:
- formation and maintenance of animal collection;
- preservation and reproduction of animals in artificial conditions, primarily endangered – rare, listed in the Red Book of Ukraine and the international Red Lists;
- study, generalization and implementation of domestic and foreign experience of keeping and breeding animals in captivity;
- formation, preservation and development of the arboretum;
- conducting research;
- carrying out educational and cultural-educational activities in the field of ecology, nature protection, ethology, zoology, hunting and animal husbandry;
- providing various forms of cultural leisure for visitors, creating appropriate conditions for recreation, maintaining favorable conditions for keeping animals.